Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Washing Hands

"You're right," he said. "All you can do is be nice. Treat them decent, you know?" (pg. 123)

This is a big refreshing look on life. After the chapters that have made me doubt the goodness in mankind we find someone that has seen the light. AKA the light of goodness. Henry Dobbins has always been the good guy in this book. He may do bad things, but even so one reads about him and pegs him for the straight arrow guy. In this instance i think he fully understands what the monks are doing by saying this line. He makes a washing motion before that, mimicking the monks and i don't think he fully understands what that means. I think it means that I cleanse my hands after work respecting what I have accomplish. It is almost like a fulfilled experience one has made.

1 comment:

  1. I read somewhere that it might allude to Pontius Pilate washing his hands of Jesus' sentence....hmmm...

    ReplyDelete