Tuesday, August 10, 2010

THE END

"I'm skimming across the surface of my own history, moving fast, riding the melt beneath the blades, doing loops and spins, and when I take a high leap into the dark and come down thirty years later, I realize it is as Tim trying to save Timmy's life with a story." (pg. 246)

The end is almost a FLASH BACK to what he's done his entire life.He see's that he has not changed all that much from when he was a little boy. And with this realization he is freeing himself from the burdens of his actions through retelling what has happened. Or should I say re-"fibbing" what had happened. For not all of his stories are true but based on true events that happen to have incidents added in for flair and deeper meaning. And so with the last page we see what the point of the novel was. For O'Brien to tell stories to save himself. But to also inform the reader on his life and his time in the war. We see the author for what he truly is... a regular guy dealing with the events that happened to him long ago.

1 comment:

  1. check (I'm seeing 19 blogs so far...1 more for TTTC, right?)

    ReplyDelete