Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The war begins...

How do these men know their in love after one or two meetings with this Brett woman? I find her to be uninteresting and a huge heartbreaker. I guess that is what men want in a woman. Do they want something so unattainable that they must chase after it. That is what I believe Robert Cohn takes a sudden interest in Brett. He even begins to ponder the question of love when he says to Jack ,"...I shouldn't wonder if I were in love with her" (pg. 46). He has never really been out of the clutches of his crazy fiance and so maybe he feels the need to explore new possibilities..a.k.a: new women. Brett may be the perfect one with her curves and intellect. Also it seems to me that Brett will be the trouble maker of the story and won't be capable of changing her ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment