Thursday, April 21, 2011

Tone of concerned father

"Nay, you may have met with another whom you may love, and , considering yourself bound in honour to Elizabeth, this struggle ay occasion the poignant misery which you appear to feel." pg. 109

Wake up Franky even your own family and recognize you symptons of misery. I wonder if i always acted so downright melancholy if my family would become more and more annoyed because I would not relay to them what actually bothered me. Would they be as supportive? Frankenstein's father is the epitome of the concerned father. He frets that he has cornered his son into a predicament that he wants out of. It is touching that he would voice such concern. Also I find it odd that he would find it so strange that Frankenstein is sad when two people he knew and love has died.

No comments:

Post a Comment