Thursday, April 14, 2011

Foreshadow maybe???

"Delighted and surprised, I embraced her, but as I imprinted the first kiss on her lips, they became livid with the hue of death; her features appeared to change, and I thought that I held the corpse of my dead mother in my arms; a shroud enveloped her form, and I saw grave-worms crawling in the folds of flannel." pg. 35

NOT ANOTHER DEATH! Frankenstein has definitely lost his mind! I think this shows the great depth to which frankenstein's mind has taken because of this very vivid and metaphorical dream. I think that the picture of Emily dying is a foreshadowing for her sudden death or perhaps maybe she will die naturally. Everything bad has already happened to Frankenstein so I feel like yet another bad disaster is likely to occur. It also seems that the monster's creation triggered this strange dream of death. As though natural death should be the way it is and not be changed by Victor's crazy science experiments.

No comments:

Post a Comment