Thursday, September 9, 2010

After Apple Picking

When I read this poem i was very confused to see if there was actually a deeper meaning to the poem. But all that came to my notice was that it was of a person who was tired of the same job and seeing apples wasted. I also thought maybe the apples that were to "surely to the cider-apple heap" was a symbol of one being fed up with what he was doing. He even thought of apples in his sleep. Maybe that was the sign of becoming unsatisfied. The narrator even says "I could tell what form my dreaming was about to take." He had a premonition of what was to come. He talks also of himself being "overtired" and I thought that was a sure sign of his unsatisfaction with his work. He lost his desire for it. But maybe he will regain it with "some human sleep."

No comments:

Post a Comment